Thursday, November 15, 2018

Divine Grace 7 -Photo Opp With Test Cricket Skipper


I am narrating some events or episodes from my life.  These are all events that happened totally unexpected and unplanned for.  As they are also pleasant or happy events, I tend to take these as the play of Divine Hand.  

The one I am about to narrate is one which would be thrilling to any youngster.

This happened in the year 1960.  We were on our educational tour.  The tour lasted about a month.  We covered most of North India and Eastern parts.  The Taj Mahal was of course one of the spots.

It was a full moon day - I remember because the Professor who arranged and accompanied us was boasting how he cleverly set it up so that we visit the Taj on a full moon day and enjoy the beauty to its full extent!

Six - myself, N. Rajagopalan, S. Venkatesan, R.K. Visvanath, A. K. Somanathan and T. D. Sundara Babu - of us always moved together. RKV carried a camera with him.  Suddenly Somu spotted the Australian cricket captain - Richie Benaud.  It was a pleasant coincidence that the Australian Cricket team was also visiting the Taj the same day as us!  One of us - if I remember correct, it was RKV. - approached Benaud and asked if it is OK to take a snap with him.  He said OK.  

How elated we felt to take a photo with the Test Cricket skipper of Australia!  Unfortunately, I have misplaced the photo and am not able to add it here.  However, I have found a photo of Richie Benaud in the net and have placed it here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home